As much fun as all of the Christmas festivities are, it usually means our digestive system can take a hit. This energizing juice is full of amazing benefits that can help get you back on track and feeling great!
- 1/2 of a pineapple, including the core
- 1/2 of a pear
- 1/2 of a lime
- Handful of mint leaves
- Remove the skin of the pineapple and lime (can be left on the lime if preferred but rinse well).
- Wash the pear and mint.
- Chop all ingredients to fit into your blender and fill water to the max line.
- Whiz for about 60 seconds or until smooth.
- This tropical fruit is full of bromelain, a compound that can reduce inflammation in the intestinal tract and aids digestion.
- Very rich in vitamin C which is an antioxidant that prevents the body from damage from free radicals. Vitamin C is also needed for the proper function of your immune system.
- Rich in manganese and B vitamins which both play a role in energy production.
Always eat the skin of a pear as it is much more nutritious than the flesh!
- Great source of fibre which is needed to keep things regular and prevent constipation.
- Very rich in a range of phytonutrients which provide anti-inflammitory and antioxidant benefits
- Have demonstrated protection against stomach cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Good source of vitamin C, vitamin K and copper.
- Are regarded as an easily digestible fruit due to it’s lower acid content so it’s a good fruit to enjoy if you suffer from heartburn or indigestion.
- Rich in flavanoids (plant pigments) that act as antioxidants and are anti-carcinogenic. Studies have shown it’s ability to stop cell division in different types of cancerous cells and is protective against contracting bacterial diseases.
- Excellent for digestion;
- The acidity of limes help to breakdown food in the digestive tract
- The flavonoids cause secretion of digestive juices and peristalsis (contractions that move food through your digestive system)
- Contain limonin, a compound that is easily absorbed by the body and may fight cancerous cells and reduce LDL cholesterol levels.
- Rich in vitamin C which is an antioxidant and can help protect the body from heart disease.
- Soothing on the digestive system as it can speed up digestion and relieve cramping, gas and bloating. For these reasons it’s a brilliant natural remedy for IBS sufferers.
- Contains menthol which is a natural decongestant that can help break up phlegm and mucus when suffering from a cold or flu.
- Contains rosmarinic acid which is anti-inflammatory and can provide relief from seasonal allergies.