As if we couldn’t love feta anymore! It adds great flavour and texture to this delicious chickpea salad. This is a must for your next summer BBQ!
Chickpeas are so nutritious that they are considered 1 of your 7-a-day! They are an excellent source of protein making them a great choice for vegetarians and vegans. They contain a large amount of fibre that when metabolised produce short chain fatty acids that can improve your colon health. Studies have shown that when consumed they can lower blood cholesterol levels and help control blood sugar levels. Feta cheese can be enjoyed as part of a healthy diet when consumed in moderation. It’s lower in calories than most other cheeses and is a good source of calcium and vitamin B12.
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g)
- 200g feta
- ½ medium zucchini/courgette
- ½ green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- pinch of salt & pepper
*We served this with a wedge of fresh lemon, tahini and sumac.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Lightly pat them with a paper towel to try them.
- Chop the zucchini and chilli into chunks and break the feta into large chunks.
- Add the chickpeas, feta, chilli and zucchini to a baking tray.
- Combine the ingredients with the olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for ~ 30 minutes.
- Eat as is or top it with some fresh lemon juice, tahini and sumac.