This is such a quick and simple way to get a blast of nutrients into you. This is just one of a hundred green juices that you can try to make. So if you’re missing any ingredients, see what else you have lying around to throw in. And we promise you it doesn’t taste ‘too green’ 😉
We like to blend our juices rather than using a juicer as you retain the skin/pulp and get every possible nutrient into you. It’s good to remember that leaving the skin on when possible provides a lot of fibre which keeps your digestive system happy. If you’re making a sweeter juice with lots of fruit, fibre also helps to control your blood sugar levels. This is one reason why the natural sugars found in fruit do not react the same way as table sugar so don’t shy away from it!
- 1 kiwi (keep the skin on)
- ½ apple (keep the skin on)
- sprig of fresh mint
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- coconut water
- a few ice cubes
*Makes 2 smoothies
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or nutribullet.
- Blend until for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Top with your favourite things – we used chia seeds and coconut flakes.