No flour, butter or refined sugar needed for these easy peasy cookies. Almond butter makes up the base of these cookies and the macadamia nuts adds such a great crunch to them. Of course we had to throw in a few chocolate chips as well! 😉
Almonds are rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron, copper and zinc. They’re also full of B vitamins which are essential for converting our food into fuel and giving us energy. They may be high in calories due to the unsaturated fat they contain but frequent nut consumption is linked to lower rates of heart disease and a smaller waistline! Chocolate gets a lot of bad press but it’s actually amazing for you! It’s the sugar and other refined ingredients added to most chocolate bars that’s not doing you any favours. By choosing ones with high cocoa solids, like 85%, you’re getting loads of minerals, antioxidants and some energy-boosting compounds like caffeine and theobromine.
- 200g almond butter
- 1 egg
- 2-3 TBSP honey/maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g dark chocolate chips (or chop a bar into chunks)
- 1 handful macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
*Makes 8-10 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the almond butter, egg, honey/maple and vanilla bean paste to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Then add the dark chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Spoon the cookie mixture onto the baking tray and flatten with your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray.