We love this so much that we often just eat a big bowl of this on its own! Za’atar is a middle eastern spice blend that adds a great nuttiness to the cauliflower. And it works so well with the fresh pomegranate seeds. Make this side dish for your next dinner party and see just how impressed your guests will be!
Cauliflower has a long list of health benefits. It’s brilliant for your digestive health as it contains lots of fibre as well as sulfur-containing compounds (glucosinolates) that help protect the lining of you stomach. Glucosinolates have also been linked to improved cardiovascular health and in helping your immune system fight off diseases. It also has a ton of vitamin C – 1 cup of cauliflower provides over 70% of your daily needs! To top it all off, cauliflower is rich in many other antioxidants like querctin, beta-cryptoxanthin, beta-carotene and cinnamic acid which help to reduce oxidative stress in the body by protecting your cells from free radicals.
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP za’atar
- handful slivered or flaked almonds (we like to use roasted almonds)
- seeds from ½ pomegranate (hit the back of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon to get the seeds out)
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Add the cauliflower to a baking tray and coat it in the olive oil and za’atar.
- Place in the oven and roast for ~30-35 minutes, mixing once or twice. The cauliflower should be golden with crispy edges.
- Next make the tahini dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the cauliflower on a serving plate and drizzle with the tahini dressing.
- Then sprinkle it with the almonds and pomegranate seeds. You can also add a pinch of za’atar or sumac.
- Serve immediately!