This is honestly the easiest banana bread recipe ever. You can put everything in your blender and it’s ready to bake in 5 minutes! As an added bonus, your kitchen will also smell amazing!
Bananas and eggs make up most of this recipe so we adore this after a workout. It has a great mix of carbs, protein and potassium and is definitely more appetising than a processed shake. Eggs really are one of the most nutritious food you can eat. In addition to being a complete protein, they’re packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Some of the antioxidants found in eggs are lutein and zeaxanthin. These are important for eye health and can help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts. Plus they’re one of the best dietary sources of choline, an essential nutrient that helps build cell structures and produce acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a really important neurotransmitter that impacts memory, mood and muscle control among many other things. So yep, an egg a day is definitely OK!
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 2 TBSP maple/honey (optional – depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 handfuls pecans (roughly chopped)
- 80g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C and line a bread tin with parchment paper/grease with coconut oil.
- Add everything except the pecans and blueberries to a food processor and blend until smooth. If you don’t have one, you can mash the bananas with all the wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix in the chopped pecans (save a few for the topping) and blueberries.
- Pour the banana bread into the bread tin.
- Sprinkle some of the chopped pecans on top.
- Place the banana bread in the centre of the oven for ~50 minutes. Check it’s cooked fully through using a knife/fork.
- Leave to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting – waiting is the hardest part!