This peanut butter & choc chip ice cream is the perfect mix of sweet n’ salty. A few simple ingredients and a little stirring creates the most amazing vegan ice cream. If you want to go all out and make a sundae, top with some melted dark chocolate and crushed peanuts.
Coconut milk is full of healthy fats including medium-chain triglycerides. Although these are a type of saturated fat, they digest easily and provide instant energy, antimicrobial properties and may boost your metabolism. It’s also a good source of iron. Iron is critical for the transport of oxygen to cells in your body. And helps us to synthesise hormones. There’s also a lot of vitamin E, a fat-soluble vitamin, in coconut milk. This is a powerful antioxidant and it nourishes your skin and hair – so you’ll be glowing after a few bites! The peanut butter also adds some anti-inflammatory unsaturated fats, along with protein, vitamins and minerals. So get ready to devour a scoop of this and reap a few nutritional benefits!
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (400ml)
- 120g peanut butter
- 3 TBSP honey/maple
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 75g 70-90% dark chocolate chips (or use a bar & cut into chunks)
- 2 handfuls salted peanuts (this gives a great sweet & salty flavour but feel free to use unsalted)
- Blend the coconut milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Next mix in the chocolate chips and peanuts by hand.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container (we use a bread loaf tin) and cover with cling film.
- Put it in the freezer and then mix it thoroughly every 30 mins until the mixture is creamy and frozen – about 4 hours.
*Take the ice cream out 10-15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften.